Saturday 26 January 2013

The magic of White Distilled Vinegar

Please check the following blog that I follow for some ideas : vinegar-magic

I discovered about vinegar while browsing Pinterest, my favorite website on earth which I discovered a few months ago. I could sit all day and all night on there and browse, pin, like and browse some more.

These are the following tips I have tried so far myself with vinegar
- cleaning the washing machine, with bleach and vinegar on my hottest wash (90 degres on mine) and even though I use Calgon (remember it only softens the water, doesnt get rid of the stuff) in every wash I could literally see bits in the water! So was definitely worth it.
- use it as a comfort softener in all my washings, it doesnt make my clothes hard and doesnt make them smell of vinegar either and is a natural product instead of Comfort chemicals
- use it to rinse my hair after my wash, leave it for 5min and then rinse with running warm water. Any dandraft and it'll be killed off after a few washes and rinses!
- use it with baking soda and bleach to clean grout in the bathroom, as well as hard water stains on the glass which I spray diluted with 1/3 water, let sit for a couple hours depending on how bad the glass is, then wipe, rinse and use my squeegy.
- used the same baking soda, bleach and vinegar mix for my windows as i have mold showing from underneath the fillings around our new windows. Our landlord claims this happens, but I have never seen this before so I believe whoever did that job did a BAD job. Mold should NOT come through after cracks.
- filled a spray bottle, put orange/clementine peelings in there and left for a few weeks to infuse naturally. That way it doesnt just smell of vinegar and actually the vinegar smell itself reduces.
- use it to clean my fridge, disinfects and removes smells ! You can also leave a little pot with vinegar sitting in the fridge which apparently removes odors from the fridge, not tested yet but I shall do so soon.
- clean floor, tiles in kitchen and bathroom, windows, toilet, sink and especially around the tap where hard water stains sit and stain. Spray with vinegar, let it soak/sit for a while and then wipe clean, the hardwater comes off at once!
- in my wipes bag I add vinegar when i buy a new pack of kitchen/bathroom wipes.

There are plenty of tricks to try out with that, like cleans oven, make up brushes, removes stains and odors off carpets which I havent tried yet, but will do in the spring when it gets warmer and i clean our carpets i'll add vinegar in the water and before that actually spray our carpets with vinegar prior to cleaning them to make sure all the stains are soak and come out with the machine!

Has anyone else got any other tips I havent mentioned? Anyone else hooked to vinegar? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment