Sunday 17 February 2013

Ikea Rast Side Table



A couple years ago we had to get rid of our chest of draws as my growing kitten kept going into the drawer which made it heavier and heavier. As we are looking to hopefully have a cot in the corner the piece of furniture is at the moment, we had to opt for a smaller chest of drawers that fits on the other wall below the window. I was looking everywhere for the perfect one, but it just seemed impossible to find a small one! Never realised I had one under my nose all along, as my parents had bought one for my bedroom back in the day.

But then I came across Annie Sloan Chalk Paint to make vintage furniture and thought I could do that furniture my way. So I researched the internet and found I believe it to be (couldnt even find them on Ebay!) the only shop in my area to sell them, its called With Love. I fell in love with it. I decided to go with French  Linen and clear wax :



So I bought from Homebase lovely glass knobs instead of the horrible wooden ones :

So then I started.





The above picture shows one plain with the one below with the chalk paint without wax. The next picture shows the finished product, including knobs!


Wax still needs to dry properly but I shall take a proper after picture once the wax has dried completely (the color of the furniture will lighten again back to the color it had before I put the wax on) and the furniture is back in its place.

I'm impressed!

No comments:

Post a Comment