Monday 8 October 2012

Living room Feature wall

I have been very busy this weekend, I have finally tested my damask stencil and felt ready straight away! This was my test :

This was my test on a piece of cardboard, only realized afterwards that i'd actually painted it the wrong way up lol. The color of my wall is called Flame Frenzy 5 on Dulux' color palette. It is sort of orange with a pink undertone. The color I chose for my stencil is called Spicy Sandalwood 6. Love it!
After some advice from someone very kind on houzz.com and several other people, I decided to go with a standard gloss paint as I couldnt find any craft paint in the color I wanted. Even though I was advised against it, I still went for it was the only way to get the color I really want so I started stenciling my wall carefully. I think my test turned out pretty well, you can see the gloss effect and all, I was getting excited at this point! This is how it started to look like on my wall :


Noticed the stencil the wrong side up? lol how embarrassing. But I think I made up for it because every other one was the right way up.




This picture shows you how it was all coming together really nicely, and you can also see the gloss effect - beautiful.





After good 4 hours of painting, my head was banging from a headache that came because of the smell of paint and white spirit I had to use to obviously clean up etc... So this is what it looked like on saturday evening :
At this point I was in love with my wall! This bright color is so warm and the effect on my wall is just STUNNING.

I obviously did the same on sunday to (almost) finish my wall. (it isnt quite finished, the bottom of the wall is left still) I will however post it in another post, simply because it just deserves its own post.

No comments:

Post a Comment