Tuesday 2 October 2012

Damask stencil


Ta-da! How exciting!!! I ordered last week on ebay a damask pattern stencil for my orange wall in my lounge. It arrived today!!! I am so exited!! I had been looking for years for an orange wallpaper for my feature wall and have never found any that I liked, and no orange once anyway!

A bit of a background story to help you understand my choice. When we moved into our flat all the walls were painted Magnolia. Boring! I dont like white or magnolia walls unless the furniture and the rest of the room actually fits together. Such this picture from Houzz.




....looovely floor, gorgeous furniture, look at the beautiful wood!


Because I particularly like warm colours and I am inspiring to move towards an ethnical (moroccan/african) and earthy theme in my living-room, I had bought a beautiful mushroom coloured rug and it all started from here. To put a small feature wall and add some warmth to our busy lounge, I decided to go with the color orange. It is one of the best feng shui colours for the kitchen, dining room and living room because of its appetizing and social qualities. In psychology, orange is very stimulating, active, cheerful and sociable. It is less arousing than red and more pleasantly stimulating.We went for an earthy/darker orange tone and I will decide throughout the week on what color to stencil my orange wall. I think it will be brown, but I will need to get a few testers and try different tones. Any suggestions of course are welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment